Tuesday 5 May 2009

Living In A Ghost Town


''It's not like I'm some modern punk, dickhead. It's an obvious, 1977 original punk rock look. I guess Johnny fuckface over there's too stupid to realize it. ''

Last night I watched my ol' fave Ghost World for the first time in years. I used to love Enid- the feisty heroine played by Thora Birch- as a fourteen year old, and she still ticks all the boxes for what I like in the protagonist of a film: sarcastic, cultured, not quite perfect and with a bloody good dress sense. It's no secret that a certain Ms Luella Bartley was so inspired by the cult hit to base her entire Spring/ Summer 2008 collection around Enid's get ups! Last year, the stand out ditzy prints of said collection got done till their death, but there's no reason why we can't draw inspiration from the rest of the excellent styling. Here's a few of Enid's best looks...






And here are a few of my fave's from the Luella collection it inspied... please note the Batman prints, geek chic glasses and the BEIGE doc martens!






If you've not seen this film, I really can't recommend it enough... watch it!

No comments: